- Since 2010, AMUS has enrolled 534.64 MSYs who have completed nearly 900,000 service hours. AmeriCorps “the agency” has invested $6,997,261 while community partners have invested $8,596,789.46 and a potential $636,424.70 in Segal Education Award funds have been earned by AMUS members. 98% AmeriCorps members are Detroit residents. Over 500 Detroit Youth have engaged in AMUS Summer Service.
- Engagement of more than 20,000 Detroit residents in nearly 70,000 hours of volunteer activities that include organizing neighborhood block clubs and citizen patrols, boarding up vacant and open structures, clearing blighted properties, and establishing Safe Routes to School.
- Support to the CompStat process convened monthly in Detroit Police Precincts. The joint implementation of the CompStat and AMUS programs has contributed to a 37% reduction in property crime in Detroit since 2010, and a cost savings of $338 million.
Enhance community guardianship through cleaning up vacant lots, bike watches, peace walks and the creation of block clubs and community patrols.
- Deter crime
Reduce chances of becoming a crime victim through educational leaflets, VINetching, and home safety assessments to make our homes and vehicles safer.
Members organize with police, schools, churches and organizations to create spaces for potlucks, open houses, safe routes to schools, and more.
Youth AmeriCorps members engage in their community through beautification projects, educational leafletting, and installing safe route signage.
Youth members participate in weekly learning seminars to provide education geared towards career and college readiness, including mock interviews and resumes.
Members receive a bi-weekly living stipend and an educational award upon successful completion of service, and ongoing academic and professional support.
Crime Mapping and Analysis (CompStat)
CompStat analyses that lead to identification of crime hotspots, focused patrols, and absconder sweeps/home checks. This type of targeted policing allows for more intensive surveillance and traffic enforcement, checking for warrants, and Safe Routes patrols at the start and end of the school day.
- Kresge Foundation
- Skillman Foundation
- Marathon Petro Foundation
- Schultz Foundation
- MDHHS Water Filter Installation
- MI Health Endowment Fund